Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ski Trip

We went to Utah for spring break this year. We love getting to ski and hang out with our friends, the Haskins, while we're there. Brett and Nick have been friends practically forever, and Julie and I first got to be friends when I started dating Nick 13 years ago. Our kids have a great time together, and I'm glad they're getting to know each other even though we live so far away. We just wish we could see them more than once a year.
Lily, Brady, Katie, Grant

Riding the lift at Alta


























Brady got a black eye when he wiped out on a jump, and he was pretty proud of it.







The boys were bummed when we were done skiing on the last day. I think they could have stayed forever.

We visited temple square on our last day there.





We didn't take Drew with us on this trip. We weren't sure he would love skiing yet. He stayed with my mom and dad, and I think that he had as much fun as we did. They took him to Oxley Nature Center, the Children's Museum, Incredible Pizza, and he even got to go to work with my dad and drive a forklift. He also got lots of time to play with his cousins. We've only been home one day, and he's already asked to go back to Grammie's.

5 comments:

M & M + 4 said...

Beautiful pictures Andrea! I got on just to see if you posted any yet. It makes me want to take my kids sking bad! Glad you had fun, and are back!

Thompson Tattler said...

I can't believe you would willingly travel to the cold cold cold mountains of Utah. You can't drag me there for anything--At least it looked warm at temple square! Hope you had fun!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip, even without the perfect powder! Do you think Nick will ever wear a helmet? Are he and Brett still doing crazy tricks? Glad that Drew had fun w/ Grammy and Grampsis. How come no picts of you skiing Andrea? Did the boys do lessons this year or just black diamonds with Dad? Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, What beautiful mountains! :) The pitures all look really great! Who is the photographer? IS is all you Andrea!

Julie H. said...

We had such a great time with you guys. Your boys are hilarious and so fun to be around. The weather has been pretty cold since you left with lots of snow days. Today we woke up to lots of fresh snow and Lily asked Brett if they could "ditch school and go skiing like when Grant and Brady were here." I laughed and thought it will always seem like a vacation when you guys are around. Thanks so much for coming. Good memories!