Since we're living with my parents almost an hour from the kids' school, I decided to give homeschooling a try this year. We started 3 weeks ago, and I'm happy to say we're all still alive. I was kind of expecting a lot of whining and complaining and some extra fighting since we're together all the time, but instead my kids have been enthusiastic, cooperative and nicer than ever to each other. It's been an amazingly positive experience so far. I think the best way to learn is to experience, so we're trying to do as many hands on projects and activities as possible.
The first week of school we were studying archeology in our history books. What better way to learn about archeology than to take a trip to a cool natural history museum that has lots of dinosaur bones? This museum is on the campus of OU, and we spent the entire day there. Our friends Jared and Faith went with us while their parents were on vacation.
They were pretty impressed with the head of this animal, but they were much more impressed with the next two dinos we saw. They were massive! Here's a little bit about them:













No comments:
Post a Comment