Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Drew!

I happen to think Drew is the funniest kid on the planet. He always has unique ideas about...um...pretty much everything. It came as no surprise when this year for his birthday he didn't pick a "normal" theme. When we asked him what kind of party he wanted he said a crab party. What? He wanted to eat crab legs and have a cake with a crab on it. That's it. He didn't even have a present request. He just wanted crab legs. Such a funny kid! We invited all our family over for a shrimp boil complete with Alaskan king crab legs.


Of course we opened a few presents. Drew is at the age where he LOVES everything he gets. It's all "AWESOME!" I appreciate the enthusiasm when it comes to gift opening. He was just as excited about the package of gum that he got with one of his gifts as he was about the trampoline that Grammie and Gramps gave him. I love it!
Happy Birthday Drew!

On his actual birthday, we took Drew and some of his friends to Incredible Pizza for a party. He said it was the best birthday party ever, so I think we can count it as a success. I didn't even think to take pictures since I was so busy chasing a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds around. I was just so happy to leave with just as many kids as we came with. Whew!

1 comment:

The Henrich Family said...

the cake turned out cute! glad Drew had a great birthday