Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. I just love celebrating the ones I love! Nick and I had a great Valentine's date the Saturday before Valentine's day, and it was the first time that Grant was our babysitter while we went out. He did great and more importantly his brothers actually listened to him. They were all playing legos together when we got home.
On Valentine's Day, I was in charge of Drew and Grant's class parties at school. Drew's class partied in the morning with heart shape donuts from Krispy Kreme and chocolate milk. Grant's class had an ice cream sundae bar that afternoon. Both parties turned out really well, but I was too busy to snap any pictures. I got to attend Brady's party later in the week.
On Valentine's evening, we went on a family valentine date. We had dinner at Genghis Grill and dessert at PeachWave. It was pretty much a perfect evening until Drew threw up multiple times at PeachWave. I guess a donut party in the morning at school, sugar cookies in the afternoon at school, lots of candy from the valentines that his friends gave him, another sugar cookie at swim lessons, and finally frozen yogurt didn't agree with his tummy. Who would have guessed? After throwing up, he felt much better and went ahead and finished his yogurt. Why not...Valentine's Day only comes once a year. Pretty sure he ate enough sugar in that one day to last him for months!
We had fun in the days leading up to the holiday making lots of valentine crafts and treats. Sugar cookies are always our favorite!
No comments:
Post a Comment