We kicked off soccer season yesterday with a game in 40 degree temperatures with lots of wind. Sweet! I'm not coaching soccer this season for the first time since Grant was 5 years old. Wow! It's hard to believe I've been coaching soccer for 6 years. It felt great to let someone else be in charge, but I still caught myself pacing the sideline and yelling advice. I'll work on that one, but it's so hard for me to just sit and be a spectator.
Even though Brady is only 9, he's playing up so he can be on Grant's under 12 team. He played forward pretty much the entire game yesterday and did great. It looks like Grant is going to be playing a lot of goalie this season, and I had my doubts about that at first because I think he's so great on the field. After watching him in action in the goal yesterday, I decided his coach might be right. He was awesome! He had too many saves to even count and only one goal scored on him (and that was a penalty kick that went high into the corner). I guess this new coach might know what he's doing! Haha!
Brady getting ready for the kick off
Grant punting the ball
That's Grant punting the ball again and Brady (#19) just in front of him.
I had the hardest time getting pictures of Brady...he moves too quickly. I'll try again next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment