Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hello Spring!

Spring weather is finally here to stay. Before this we've had a couple of warm days here and there, but this week has finally stayed consistently warm. The kids are excited to be wearing shorts to school, and I'm excited that we can all get out and enjoy the fresh air. This is a recap of how we've enjoyed the nice spring weather.
MONDAY
After school we headed to the park with the Wixoms and the Johnstons.

Just hanging around

Brady, Grant and their friend Cole


TUESDAY
We played at the park next to our house with Drew's friends Caleb and Rebecca. I didn't take any pictures, but it was fun.

WEDNESDAY
We met Owen and Kylie at the park while the big kids were at school. The kids were enjoying it so much that we stayed for almost 3 hours. I find that staying at the park is a great way to avoid the laundry that's waiting for me at home.
Building a castle

This is Drew's friend Owen. He was actually playing at the park with his hat over his eyes like this. He's too funny!


Having a snack. All that playing made us hungry!

THURSDAY

We tried to take a break from the park and go to the zoo with Mazee and Emmy. They arrived first and were told that the zoo was closed because the parking lot was flooded from all the rain the night before. They were only letting field trip buses through. Drew and Mazee were both upset, so we tried to think of somewhere to go that would make them happy. You guessed it! We went to the park.

Drew was trying to avoid having his picture taken. I don't think he realizes that I can still see him even if he can't see me.


Emmy got her first tooth today! Hooray Emmy!

I don't get any points for coming up with original things to do this week, but I am happy that we live close to this many fun parks. Spring is my favorite season. I hope everyone else is enjoying it, too!

No comments: