Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kite Flying

The other day Grant and I were at Sam's Club together, and he saw this really cool "X-Wing Fighter" kite. He's a big Star Wars fan, so he bought it with his own money even though it was $19.99 which is probably way too much money for a kite. We got it home, and he spent forever putting it together since it came in a million different pieces. It was a really windy day, so he and Drew took it out to the park to fly it.They worked and worked and worked, but they could not get this kite to fly. It kept crashing into the ground. Drew got bored and started doing cartwheels while he waited for Grant to get the kite in the air.
Finally, they came inside a little bit frustrated. Then, I remembered that we had a cheap 88 cent kite that I had picked up at the checkout at Wal-Mart. It wasn't quite as cool as the other kite to say the least.

Super Grover came all in one piece so no assembly required. Yea!

They took it outside and hoped for a little better luck.
On their first try, Super Grover sailed into the air.

I guess we learned that you don't always get what you pay for. Sam's Club happily gave us our money back for our "really fun to look at, not so fun to fly" kite, and we've definitely gotten our money's worth out of our 88 cent Super Grover kite.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Awesome post! I did love that first Star Wars kite even though it was a total loser.
I can't believe Drew can do cartwheels- so multi-talented!

Alli said...

This proved to be that kites do work. I was never able to get my kites to fly as a kid. Maybe they were to expensive.

Elizabeth said...

Was Grant to disappointed? Can you believe that Grover can outfly Star Wars? Glad he got his money back and they still had fun. Are you so going to miss that ready-made park next door, Andrea?

M & M + 4 said...

Oh my gosh, I thought your kids were too cool for Super Grover. LOL
We have a love/hate relationship with kites. We can never quite figure them out, but the kids are always excited to get one.